Welbeck Primary School Sports and PE Funding
2021-2022 Summer Progress Report
Welbeck Primary recognises the importance of PE and sport. The development of PE has been enhanced by the additional Sugar Tax funding over the past three years. This money has been a key element in providing the pupils at Welbeck with the very best education in PE.
Sports funding allocated by the Government has been used to:
- Fund the salary cost of our full-time specialist sports coach who works with classes throughout EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Develop staff CPD in PE through team-teaching and staff insets led by specialist sports coach.
- Provide extra-curricular sports activities for EYFS, KS1 and KS2 during every lunchtime.
- Provide after-school clubs for KS1 and KS2 pupils in a range of active, keep-fit sports.
- Provide equipment and resources for PE and sport across all key stages, including use of school mini-bus for inter-school competitions.
The Senior Leadership Team and PE subject leader regularly review the impact of sports funding throughout the term and monitor its impact on pupils. We promote team-teaching alongside the sports specialist coach in order to develop staff teaching skills, subject knowledge and confidence in delivering high quality PE and games.
There are now more opportunities for children to participate in sport than ever before. Our school offers a wide range of after school clubs for all age groups. Every pupil participates in PE and the full PE curriculum is provided to all pupils. Our provision has meant that our children show a great deal of enthusiasm and enjoyment for sport and PE, whilst also developing their resilience and sportsmanship.
- 100% of KS1 and KS2 children participated in a competition across the year 2021-2022.
- 60% pupils in Year 5 and Year 6 participated in inter-school competition
- 100% pupils in UPKS2 accessed a Sports Club
- 76% Year 4 pupils accessed a sports club
- 90% Year 3 pupils accessed Tennis Club
- 45% Year 2 pupils accessed Sports Club
Welbeck Primary has attended 2 Sports competitions in 2021-22:
- 2nd Place Year 5 Quad Athletics Nottingham City Schools
- Competed in the Nottingham City Schools Football League
- Accredited Gold Sport Games Award for commitment to sports
In 2022-2023, we will continue to provide high quality provision of PE and Sport in school and will explore all avenues and opportunities for fulfilling competitive events in house/different locations.