Since reading is such a focus at Welbeck Primary, our reading ambassadors have an extremely responsible job to carry out! They have several roles including:
- Promoting a love of reading to all children at Welbeck.
- Raising the profile of reading by sharing the importance of it and talking to children about their favourite books and authors.
- Encouraging children to visit our reading room which is open each day during lunch times.
- Supporting in our reading room during lunch time once per week.
- Reading aloud to classes across the school.
- Reading 1:1 with children from foundation stage up to Upper Key Stage 2.
All of our reading ambassadors are passionate about reading and read at home 3 or more times per week. They aim to be positive role models for other children at Welbeck to encourage them to love reading as much as they do!